In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. Psalm 118:5

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Run with Endurance

"...and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12: 1-3

I have been running the race. And I've grown weary. I will not give up, though. I will keep my focus on Jesus, who endured much worse than me, and I will not give up.

So many things in our daily life weigh us down on this race. Trip us up. Distract us. For me, it's been my health and my family's health. I have experienced a lot of freedom recently, but I had a fall yesterday. A big one. God's grace really is amazing though, as my favorite hymn says, because today I get to wake up, lace my shoes back up and get back in the race.

In this race, we are required to be endurance runners, not sprinters. We have to shed the things that slow us down and focus on the goal (freedom in Jesus). What bulky things are you still trying to carry with you in this race? What do you need to lose in order to win?

1 comment:

  1. Today I refocused on waiting to be hungry before I eat. Definitely running with endurance. I said prayers for you and me for victory over gluttony. So that we can honor God with how we treat our bodies. Love you!

    ReplyDelete